En Laureate lo desconocido no es una barrera, es cambio, es un comienzo, un desafío. Todos los días pensamos formas de innovar dentro de la educación, para desafiar las expectativas, reinventar carreras y así crecer más allá.
Academic Coordinator - MPH/DrPH Public Health Program (Virtual)
Postule Ahora ID del Puesto 50405BR Fecha de publicación 01/08/2021 Institución Walden University Ciudad Virtual
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentoring, supervision and evaluation of contributing faculty
- Assisting with faculty recruitment, orientation, and development
- Facilitate course revision oversight, rubric revision oversight, course content development, and other curricular activities as needed
- Mentoring and supervision of Lead faculty
- Collaborate with the Program Director in course scheduling and faculty assignments
- Oversight of the processes and investigation of plagiarism, student complaints, and petitions
- Assist with CEPH related initiatives, reporting and site visit preparation
- Managing administrative functions appropriate to their assignments
- Engagement in scholarship
- Service on university and school committees and for school initiatives as needed
All new Faculty Members receive specific training from Walden University in the techniques teaching, use of an electronic learning platform, specifics of the policies, procedures and degree programs of the School or College in which they are going to teach, socialization into the Walden University culture, assessment of academic integrity of student work (including use of www.turnitin.com), and research supervision of theses and dissertations.
Walden expects faculty to be reasonably accessible to students. Faculty members are expected to be available to students outside the course discussion board and in addition to providing substantive feedback on assignments and postings. Faculty members will publish their availability to students through course syllabi, instructor information in the classroom, and/or other appropriate documents. The university suggests regular and predictable availability, such as online office hours or regular online chats.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Some travel could be required (including twice a year for university level faculty meetings)
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
REPORTS TO: Academic Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Part-time faculty within program as applicable
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Appropriate reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Earned doctorate in the field of public health.
- A significant record of intellectual and professional contributions to the field, including professional publications and conference presentations.
- Three to five years teaching experience at the graduate or undergraduate level as appropriate to the program.
- Commitment to advocating for the learning and development needs of students earning their degrees in a distance learning environment.
- Supervising student research at the graduate level, or undergraduate level as appropriate.
- Excellent leadership, communication, team participation, and human relation skills.
- Experience with distance learning preferred.
- Ability to mentor and motivate adult learners in a distance-education environment.
- Ability to work with adult learners with variable skill levels, various learning styles as well as diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
LICENSURE and/or CERTIFICATION
Faculty Members must be appropriately credentialed, possess an earned degree in the discipline being taught, and may be expected to be licensed or license-eligible in order to teach in specific programs. Faculty Members must maintain their licenses and any appropriate certifications in order to continue to teach at Walden University. Faculty Members are also expected to maintain currency with research by reviewing articles, journals, and presentations. If participating in research, the Faculty Member may publish and acknowledge Walden University.
Nuestro objetivo es tener una fuerza de trabajo diversa que represente a nuestros estudiantes y comunidades. Walden University es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades de empleo y nos comprometemos a contratar a las personas en base a sus méritos. Las personas serán consideradas para puestos para los que cumplan con las calificaciones mínimas y puedan desempeñar con o sin adaptaciones razonables. No discriminamos por motivos de sexo, raza, color, religión, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad física o mental, embarazo, información genética, orientación sexual, identidad o expresión de género, condición de veterano o cualquier otra condición protegida por el gobierno federal, estatal o local. De acuerdo con el Título IX de las Enmiendas de Educación de 1972, Walden University está obligada a no discriminar por motivos de sexo en sus programas o actividades educativos, y no lo hace. Esta prohibición se extiende a las áreas de admisiones y empleos. Para obtener más información sobre la política del Título IX de Walden University, incluida su aplicación, haga clic aquí.