Somos mucho más que una red global de universidades, todos los días, nuestros profesionales, docentes, estudiantes y ex alumnos impactan sociedades en todo el mundo. En Laureate cambiamos vidas, marcamos la diferencia y sabemos que esto es sólo el comienzo de todo.
Búsqueda por Categoría
GENERAL SUMMARY/JOB PURPOSE:Under minimal guidance, the Manager Tax is responsible for state and US federal tax technical, tax accounting, and tax compliance support and management. This position will be responsible for the company’s state tax analysis and manage compliance and tax accounting for state taxes. This position will contribute to the continuous process improvement by ensuring Laureate records all transactions under US tax accounting principles and standards as well as minimize the organization’s tax liability through using comprehensive application of tax laws and regulations. This position will also provide support for the research and planning team, including assistance with international tax analyses and transfer pricing requirements.
- Ensures accurate, timely filing of state and local income tax returns, sales and use taxes and other business-related filings.
- Provides tax planning and research assistance on technical federal, state and local and international tax issues and documents conclusions with detailed memoranda.
- Monitors federal and state and local legislative and regulatory tax law developments and communicates the impact to the tax team.
- Assists with federal international tax calculations and analysis (such as GITLI, Subpart F, FTC, BEAT, 163j etc…).
- Monitors transfer pricing documentation and provide assistance in retrieving data when necessary. Requires interaction with third party vendors and coordinating with local teams to keep filings on track.
- Assists with FBAR or other international tax reporting as needed. Work directly with corporate treasury to obtain information to determine and communicate required reporting.
- Assists in obtaining tax forms such as residency certificates.
- Ensures the provision of efficient financial reporting in conformance with US tax accounting, USGAAP, and internal controls and supports continuous process improvement
- Assists with executing and managing the approach, scope, budget, timing, etc. for tax projects and external advisors
- Coordinates accounting and tax activities with internal stakeholders and external auditors
- Presents relevant tax team’s objectives, scope, and results to senior management
- Leverages understanding of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, SOX, and other related and relevant regulations to ensure that all activities of the team comply with regulations
- Shares direction and action plans received from senior management with the team and leads them towards results
- Interprets results for senior management regarding monthly forecasts, variance, and trend analysis
- Communicates with the senior management and corporate team to share updates and receive guidance
- Ensures adequate utilization of the team and acts as a coach and mentor to supervisors and junior team members
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or another related field required
- 4-8 years of experience in tax required – particularly state tax
- 0-1 years of management experience required
- CPA, JD, or other relevant professional certification highly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of state taxation required
- Familiarity with US federal corporate international taxation, and Transfer Pricing Principles preferred but not required
- Familiarity with financial and accounting systems preferred
- Familiarity with US tax accounting principles preferred
- Understanding of USGAAP, and other applicable regulatory and accounting principles
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and financial software
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Well organized and able to prioritize
- Effective interpersonal abilities and communication skills
- Strong research and writing skills required