Somos mucho más que una red global de universidades, todos los días, nuestros profesionales, docentes, estudiantes y ex alumnos impactan sociedades en todo el mundo. En Laureate cambiamos vidas, marcamos la diferencia y sabemos que esto es sólo el comienzo de todo.
Búsqueda por Categoría
Financial Reporting Staff Accountant
GENERAL SUMMARY/JOB PURPOSE:
The Financial Reporting Staff Accountant will provide support in ensuring that appropriate accounting principles and standards to record and report financial transactions are consistently applied. This role focuses on providing support in establishing and maintaining accounting policies, reporting financial transactions in compliance with established controls, and safeguarding the organization's assets.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with preparing, analyzing and reviewing monthly and quarterly financial statements and inter-company transactions
- Review and analyze financial reporting packages
- Gather, analyze and document financial transactions
- Report and follow-up on all issues identified during the monthly review of financial transactions
- Provide assistance as needed by team/ external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Communicate regularly with the team manager to share updates and receive guidance
- Research and assist with technical accounting and reporting issues as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with CPA track required
- 1-3 years of experience in related field required
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Basic understanding of financial and technical accounting
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting systems/software (Hyperion/PeopleSoft a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to demonstrate critical thinking and task prioritization
- Ability to work as a team player and independently
- Good interpersonal abilities and communication skills (written and verbal)